Career Management and Transitional Coaching in Raleigh and Worldwide
Career Management and Transitional Coaching
Career Development and Transition Coaching helps individuals with career advancement, professional reinvention or navigate a career crisis. It identifies future directions and the path to reach them. Through skilled listening and feedback, the coach, in conjunction with the client, develops and carries forth a plan for reaching their goals.
Typical Challenges Addressed:
- Career Direction: Working closely with the client, the coach aids in identifying their most fulfilling career direction whether it be within a company structure, non-profit, entrepreneurship or retirement.
- Work Performance: The coach supports the client in making informed decisions about their current performance and how to best manage necessary changes moving forward.
- Job Search: The job search encompasses interview skills, identifying available positions, and proper tool development for marketing the client to potential employers.
This coaching process includes:
- In person coaching sessions or via Phone/Skype, typically 45 minutes in length
- 3 sessions to discover the clients needs, desires and values
- Successive weekly, bi-weekly or monthly sessions depending on urgency of the topic
- Action items for the client to achieve their desired goals
- Accountability and candid feedback from the coach to promote positive change
- Establish effective coping mechanisms for challenging issues
- Possible use of the Passion Profiler, a psychometric tool for identifying the client’s top 3 passions and how they are/are not utilized, combined with a 24 page report
- Clear understanding of professional Goals, Gifts and Passions
- Powerful and effective Interview skills
- Smooth Transitions through major professional changes/challenges
- New and resonant perspectives designed to enhance Decision Making
- Effective Assimilation of previous professional experiences.
- Improved Motivation and Confidence in the job search or current job.
- Getting into Action with Accountability for accomplishing defined goals
- Increased Confidence in professional settings and during transition
- Understand and reflect on an individual’s approach to conflict
- Help shift destructive reactions to more constructive responses
- Communicate effectively in conflict situations
- Develop skills to manage disputes more collaboratively
“Susan is an expert in this field, drawing upon her years of experience and detailed knowledge to create a unique individual program to suit her clients needs. I have experienced greater clarity as she has improved my work and personal performance dramatically.” – Debra M.
“Susan has a belief in her clients that I never expected to find. The skeptic in me feared judgment from my honesty. Susan never judged. Instead, she validated my feelings, put them in perspective, and empowered me to take ownership of my life.” -Maria D.
“Experiencing a coaching session with horses was rich and informative. The horses definitely provide an honest reflection of the issues that we, as clients, are working with; while Susan provides direct guidance and powerful questions to help us gain awareness and insight. With the horses, I learned so much about the way I lead both my self and others and how it’s perceived by “other” – in this case a horse – and in this non-verbal space, in the presence of this beautiful, humbling, wise animal, there was only pure energetic reaction from which I could learn and keep growing.” – Suzanne Ballantyne, Certified Health & Wellness Coach