Coaching Workshops in Raleigh and Worldwide
The Bigger Game
Leadership is situational. There is no one style that is “right” for all situations. Coaching develops your leadership style by helping you make the right choices at the right time in the right way and for the right reasons.
As former US President Dwight Eisenhower said: “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something that you want done because they want to do it.”
“The Bigger Game will take you 9 minutes to learn and a lifetime to live.” This experiential workshop is about shaking up your whole life and making a change whether big or small. It is a simple, elegant way to take ideas, dreams, and intangible goals and make them come alive and flourish with purpose. Played on a life size game board, learn to play BIG in your life or organization. Discover you or your team’s passion and purpose – then develop them into Bold Actions designed to carry out your Bigger Game.
Typical Challenges Addressed:
- Personal or Group Purpose: Discover the WHY of what you do.
- Gulp: What’s holding you or your group back? How do you move forward with purpose and conviction? Who else is getting ready for action and feeling the faint edge of fear?
- Comfort Zones: Define your comfort zones and determine how they serve you – or not. What’s the cost and what’s the payoff. This is not to judge them good or bad – they simply ARE.
- Allies: Learn about the importance of Allies and how to find them. Form some strong allies with the workshop participants.
- Sustainability: Assess and define what is necessary to Sustain your Bigger Game.
- A clearly defined Statement of what you are meant to Do at work or in life.
- Usable Goals and Action Items designed for forward action and growth.
- A simple, powerful and effective Vocabulary for communication with other players
- Greater Personal Awareness based on positive feedback from small group interactions
- Learn to use the Bigger Game as a Reference Tool for creating a fulfilling life/career.
- A clear ability to look at the Bigger Game Board and Know What’s Needed Next
- Moving from Stuck to Action.
This workshop includes:
- (2) 8 hour days in an indoor group setting
- Multiple group interactions and individual exercises, videos
- Facilitated by Susan Arnold with Excellerate Solutions Partners
EQUINE ASSISTED LEADERSHIP AND TEAM DEVELOPMENT
Horses can be amazing teachers by reflecting and mirroring our thoughts and behaviors while we explore the ideas and concepts we desire to improve. This experience is centered around interaction with horses while working with them on the ground to learn about individual and team leadership growth. The goal is to provide you and your team the opportunity to explore these concepts and experience learning through immediate feedback from the horses. Throughout the process we speak of our emotional awareness, intelligence, agility, and its effect on us as a whole person.
Who Should Attend
Leaders at any level, or individuals looking to increase their ability to influence others including organizational teams, families, board members, non-profit and GMO’s
Typical Challenges Addressed:
- Leadership Blind spots: As leaders develop, oftentimes, we build on our inherent strengths while we overlook vulnerabilities. Our horse partners act as a mirror to our less developed areas and concepts.
- Lack of integrated decision-making: Head, Heart, Gut – When decisions are made from only one of these areas, our decisions are less than optimal. The horses are immediate feedback resources to determine how cohesive our internal information flow is working.
- Missing key information that informs our best actions: So many times we are caught up in the chaos of everyday challenges. Stopping to notice our surroundings slows down the chaos and allows us to synthesize essential information leading to better, more comprehensive decisions.
- Team Ineffectiveness: Persons working in isolation generate ineffective results and compromised team relationships.
- Fractured Community: Team members that focus only on their individual needs verses the overall mission of the community causes fracturing to occur. Team members explore their reactions and awareness of themselves and others within a structured herd community model.
- A clear understanding of growth areas customized to each participant.
- Improved information flow with specific techniques to continue the learning long after the workshop is complete.
- When and how to shift your leadership style.
- Clear understanding of the impact of cohesive team performance.
- A new awareness of how each participant processes and reacts to community building.
Length: Full day
Materials Provided: Horses, workbook
Methods Used: All exercises are done outdoors, on the ground, with horse and human partners. Safety handlers and coaches are present at all times. Personal reflection time and group debrief. The coaches will facilitate overall learning and if desired, will ask provocative questions to participants in a private setting.
TAKING THE BEST CARE OF YOUR CLIENTS
This workshop positions individuals to take the best care of their clients – whether they are internal to your organization, or external (customers, supplier partners, key stakeholders, etc.). Relationship building is a skill. This innovative workshop teaches the fundamentals of relationship based interactions to afford a lasting, positive outcome for both you and your clients.
Who Should Attend
Individuals at any level looking to increase their ability to deeply listen and relate to others while honoring their intrinsic values and drivers.
Typical Challenges Addressed
- Understanding the purpose of relationship in any setting.
- Missing keys to connection – Attitude, Listening and Feedback
- Multigenerational relationship blocks
- Relationship Anxiety
- Asking for the business
- Ability to identify the purpose of relationship building and how it contributes to organizational, community and personal growth.
- Understanding of why people need to connect
- Skills for immediate connection including 3 levels of listening, acknowledgement, and attitude
- Recognize 4 generations of clients and how to adapt to their expectations
- Identify individual approaches to initial relationship building
- Specific tools to overcome accompanying stress
- General understanding of when to call for action
Length: Full day
Materials Provided: Workbooks
Methods Used: Skills Introduction, group and paired discussions, live examples through role play, interactive exercises
An original work of Susan Arnold Coaching and Leadership